UNN Accommodation Information for
2017/2018 Academic Session is Out. This is
to inform all students of University of
Nigeria, UNN (new and returning) to take
note of the following important information
with regards to student accommodation for the 2017/18 session:
1. The University has limited spaces for
2. The accommodation is allocated on a first
come, first serve basis.
3. First Year and final year students are
given high priority during allocation.
4. First years are allocated 40% of the total
accommodation, final years 30% while
special needs are allocated 30%.
5. All Nursing Mothers must apply for
accommodation online and must notify the authorities early. (You are permitted to stay
alone in a room or be two persons in a
6. The following are highly prohibited and
will attract eviction from the hostel:
• Squatting of any kind.
• Late return to the hostel at night.
• Drinking of Alcohol.
• Fighting and quarrelling.
• Use of hotplates, electric boiling ring, refrigerator, gas cooker and so on.
• Use of generator sets.
• Defecating and bathing at undesignated
• Pouring of water in undesignated places.
• Defacing of Hostel walls by posting of bills, posters and any document.
7. Only students who have specifically met
the following will be qualified for hostel
• Paid all school fees till date.
• Registered all courses online till date.
• Possess the University ID card or have
been successfully captured.
• Possess and use the University student
8. All hostel accommodation invoices are
valid for only three days after generation. (Any student who fails to pay online within
the three day period will forfeit the
9. All Rev Sisters are to follow the
authorised process for accommodation.
10. Physically challenged students must also generate invoice and proceed to make
The portal for UNN hostel accommodation
application will open on Wednesday, 1st
November for New students and Thursday,
2nd November for returning students. Please find below the process flow:
Log in to the UNN Portal- www.unnportal.unn.edu.ng
Enter your username and password (Your username is your Registration
Number for old students and JAMB
registration number for new students).
Click on Hostel Allocation.
Click on Apply for Bed space (Select Hostel and Room No)
Click on Apply.
Print the Invoice carrying your RRR number and proceed to the bank or
make payment using your ATM Card Return to the portal and Click on Hostel Allocation.
Click on pay for your hostel and enter your Remita Retrieval Reference
number. Submit and print Receipt.
Thanks for reading....